Who Are You Being?

A web site that lists and gives detailed descriptions of personal transformation technlogies like The Landmark Forum, Insight and the Mythogenic Self Process

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Profound Relaxation

by Michael Davis

A few months ago, I was in California on a business trip. I experienced a back trauma the likes of which I had never experienced before and wish never to experience again. My back was so "out" that my spind had an "S" curve to it at the base and my posture was such that my left hip was at least 3 inches higher than my right.

I was barely able to sleep, as movement of any sort while lying on my back was causing immense pain.

I was fortunate enough to be assisting at a transformational seminar where Charles Moore was helping train. After the first day, he came by my hotel room that evening along with the head trainer and Charles proceeded to do what he calls "profound relaxation" with me.

I have experienced hypnosis before, and while this has many of the same benefits, this was a different experience in that he first was able to put me not only in a profound sense of ease, he eased me into a profound sense of who I know myself to be when I experience my life as endless possibility. It made all the work he did have a special depth of impact. He was able to put me in such a ready state of being open to what was present in that moment that the head trainer was able to speak to me in a way that further deepened the experience I was having and then pulled on my left leg with such force that it nearly pulled me off the bed. I was absolutely relaxed. When I was brought back "out", I felt immensly better and my posture had straightened itself out noticeably. A friend of mine who was in the room at the time later told me that she thought I would scream with pain when the head trainer did that and was amazed that I just lay there so peacefully.

Charles was able to lead me into an incredible sense of my self with an economy of words and a non verbal presence I will always remember... and appreciate with deep reverence and awe. I understand, looking back on it that the work he did enabled me to be ready to have whatever experience was next- in this case it was work directed at getting my body to behave in a more aligned way, but had I gone to him with a sense of wanting to be aligned like that anywhere in my life better it would have been that effective there, as well.

Thank you.

SYNDICATE THIS BLOG: http://whoareyoubeing.blogspot.com/atom.xml

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home